Sunday, November 9, 2008

Camp Carl 1981



The following is from some email sent around to some people, I think I got this from Jim Hibbard via Lisa Amoroso-Johnson. You should be able to click on the image above to make it larger.


Hey, here’s a fun favor I’m asking of you two. Attached is a Camp Carl staff picture from 1981 that you’re both in. I’ve numbered all the people in the photo and I’m trying to remember the names. My memory is so horrible (e.g. I can’t for the life of me remember Lesa’s maiden name! … sorry Lesa). Can you two fill any of these in?

I’m doing this for Mike Landis from The Chapel/Camp Carl who is collecting old camp photos to display at camp. It would be great if you could fill in what you can and “reply to all” so Mike can post this with as many people identified as possible. Lisa, is your friend Crystal in here anywhere? Maybe you could forward this to her and Steve and I’ll bet they could add some names too.

01 - Steve Carter (Director)

02 - Mike Slusser

03 - Larry Rybka

04 - Tim Smith

05 - David Outland

06 - Todd Boyer??? It looks like Todd to me.

07 - Mac McCulley (?)

08 – Robb Provost

09 - Dave Benson

10 -

11 - Ray Benson

12 -

13 –Tom Moyer

14 - Jay DiPaolo

15 - Mark Miller

16 Jeff or Greg Basone?

17 -

18 -

19 - Craig "Rail" Peters

20 - Mark Miller (Actually, I think maybe his name was Mark Marshall)

21 - Paul Basone

22 - Ken Ice

23 - (head men's counselor) Roger Outland

24 - Julie McDonnell

25 -

26 - Andrea "Tuffy" ___________

27 - Brenda Benson

28 -

29 - Lisa Amoroso

30 - Dana Emerick

31 - Vicki Burkhardt (sp?)

32 -

33 - Tammy De Boer ? (I think you’re right)

34 - Kim Julian

35 - Sherrie Stirewalt

36 - Kathy Miller

37 - Tommy Flagg (I thought it was Mike Miller.) (I’m pretty sure this is Tommy. At the time his surname was Fagg. He was a sr counselor that summer. Lesa, what do you think … is this Tommy?)

38 -

39 - Dave Bricker

40 - Gene DiPaolo

41 - Kisa Ewing

42 -

43 - Sharyl Roman

44 -

45 -

46 - Lisa Parrish

47 - Marsha Wills

48 - Celeste Didato

49 - Lauren Wright

50 -

51 - Debbie Claypoole? (I think you’re right.)

52 - Brenda Julian

53 - Ann-Marie McGee

54 - Cheryl Kaufman

55 - Kathy _______

56 - Lesa Shreve

57 - Sheryl Greene

58 - Jim Hibbard

59 - Rick Bair

Dave Hahn was out there that summer, but I'm not spotting him in the pic. Also, where's Lori Porter? What about Brenda Kaufman? (Cristle Young [now Carter] was not out at camp that summer...neither was Mark Clounie or Dan Johnson [my man.)

There are so many familiar faces but I can’t recall their names. It’s embarrassing … I can remember arcane details about people except for their names … sheesh



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for doing this, Jack. I have really enjoyed looking at this old photo. What great times. A few notes: 15 is Mark Marshall, 20 is Mark Miller. I believe 10 is Doug Petrovich. Robb Provost

Anonymous said...

What a great pic! Good time of life for us. #38 is ed lutz, #21 is PAUL /Basone